An 8 day backcountry skiing tour in the magic winter scenery of Nord-Østerdalen. On traditional wooden skis we glide quietly through an untouched winter world, discover forests and mountains deep with snow. The nights we stay in a cosy farm house. Adventurous ones may spend a night outdoors around a campfire under a starry sky. We get back to nature and a simple life.
The skitours lead through varied terrain, over snow-covered plateaus, onto sunlit mountains tops and through wooded valleys. On the day trips we learn how to navigate by natural signs and clues and how to comply with the elemental forces wind, weather and snow. Occasionally, we also track animals and gain insight into their lives.
We get accommodation at a secluded mountain farm in the middle of the woods. Whoever is seeking for a little adventure can spend one night outside in a snow camp under the brilliant starry sky, beside a warming fire or in the shelter of a large spruce. A week rich of lasting impressions that promote our connection with nature.
NORDIC WINTER Backcountry Skiing Experience
- Season: February and March
- 4 one day ski tours without luggage.
- 2 skiing legs with backpack in moderate terrain.
- Minimal experience in skiing or similar sports recommended (not required).
- Max. 12 pax, suitable for adults and youth from 16 years.
For detailed information about the tour contact me directly. I’m looking forward to hear from you!
Wilderness Life organises guided wilderness trips. The hiking, canoeing and backcountry skiing tours are a safe opportunity for personal wilderness experiences. Some tours are suitable for families with children and youngsters. Customized tours are available.
Read more about:
- Other WILDERNESS TOURS Wilderness Experiences
- WILDERNESS COURSES Nature Connection
- MAP Destinations and Places